As you might guess, Respite Care provides relief and a rest for seniors or their caregivers. It usually involves a temporary stay at a senior community (often Assisted Living or Memory Care) and is designed for seniors who require some day-to-day support, but are also looking for social stimulation and activity. Respite Care can also refer to short-term in-home care.
Why Choose Respite Care?
Respite Care is often sought by families who are doing the caregiving in a home environment. Here are a few situations in which Respite Care can provide relief for both seniors and their loved ones:
- The family caregiver needs a rest.
- The family caregiver must travel.
- Trying out a senior community to determine whether it’s a good fit.
- A senior recipient of care needs a temporary change of scenery.
- Making the transition to a senior community easier and more gradual.
Services Provided by Respite Care
Services available to short-term Respite Care residents are often similar to those for long-term Assisted Living residents, and can include:
- Personal care (dressing, bathing, hygiene, toileting, etc.)
- Daily meals
- Medication supervision
- 24-hour monitoring and security
- Social activities
To find a respite care community near you CLICK HERE