Hospice Care facilities offer medical care along with emotional and spiritual support for seniors in the final stages of a terminal illness, such as cancer.
In addition to caring for residents, Hospice Care assists families with the practical and emotional challenges of caring for a loved one in the last days of life. Hospice Care may be provided at dedicated hospice centers, nursing homes, hospitals, long-term care facilities, or even in your own home. Wherever you receive it, the purpose is to provide comfort and enhance your quality of life.
Some people may be under the impression that Hospice Care is a last resort, or implies a reduced level of care, which is not the case. In reality, hospice refers to the kind of care that emphasizes quality of life, rather than prolonging life with continued treatment.
Why Hospice Care?
Hospice Care offers you choices. People often experience great uncertainly, as if everything is spiraling out of control during the last stages of a terminal illness. By understanding what your choice are, seniors and their families can regain some sense of control and feel better equipped to handle important decisions.
Hospice Care Services
- Basic medical care with emphasis on pain management.
- 24/7 access to your hospice team.
- Medical supplies and equipment.
- Counseling and social support for seniors and their family.
- Assistance with end-of-life issues.
- Respite for regular caregivers and family.
- Meal preparation and errands.
- Post-mortem counseling and support for surviving family.
To find a Hospice care facility near you CLICK HERE